Friday, August 19, 2011

Actual blogging

Hmm. Maybe I'll use this as an actual blog. As I was posting this on FB a few minutes ago: 


Thank you to wonderful audiences yesterday. This morning I am...stunned, grateful, happy, excited...feeling all the energy of that special bond forged in the theatre; I'm up there in a glow of light, being inhabited by all these powerful souls, and seeing a sea of open, active faces in the audience around me -- traveling with me, laughing, crying, communing. I kind of can't believe that I get to do this.


I thought: I have so much more to write. It's pouring out of me now. I can't write a novel on Facebook, and then I went "Oh, duh. That's what a blog is for." 


Though now that I'm typing I realize I'm so tired I can hardly see straight. But I just need to gush about how beautiful yesterday was. Show Business. It's a weird thing. But that "still you wouldn't trade it for a sack of gold" is because there is magic in being surrounded by humans breathing WITH you. It's a crazy, beautiful experience. And somehow, this show, this week, I'm feeling it more acutely than ever before. It's been a profound and sometimes harrowing journey creating this piece...and suddenly it flies...and I'm just soaring with it, feeling a little like I was shot out of a cannon. 


More later. So grateful, content and thrilled this morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment